Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My condo is reparing the parking and they 't let the renters

Customer Question

my condo is reparing the parking and they don't let the renters park in the guest parkings or they tow your car. is this legal
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you an owner or renter? If you rent does the lease address your parking?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The board is permitted to restrict access to the parking lots or to regulate their usage. The parking lots are, presumably, common areas and the board is responsible for administering common areas, including promulgating rules regarding their use.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If the lease guarantees parking then the owner/landlord is in breach and you can sue for breach if you do not have parking, as promised.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions before you rate my service to you?