How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116789
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a Florida condo that states in the covenant and

Customer Question

Hi I live in a Florida condo that states in the covenant and bylaws that the sale of a unit can not be titled to a corporation. we have an owner on site who is also a real estate broker and handles 70% of the condo units sales for the last 15 years. He
is also a past board president. In August this realtor working for the seller and buyer had a listing in our building for sale that he sold to an individual who filled out doc approvals listing the title as an individual. Once the notice was listed in the
county records it was titled to a corporation, not the individual. The board is pursuing the title matter, but my question is what can be done to the realtor/broker who was aware of the false docs. A few owners would like to know what, if anything can be done
to possibly bar him from conducting business in our condo. Or any other legal action against him. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the broker was involved in filing the false documents, then the FL Real Estate Commission is where you would file the complaint ( The association could seek to refuse to approve his sales, but that would open them up to a suit against the association, but if the real estate board suspends or revokes his license for his conduct, then he could not engage in business any longer without a license.

Related Real Estate Law Questions