Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

A neighbor has deposited many large blue at the end of our

Customer Question
A neighbor has deposited many...
A neighbor has deposited many large blue barrels at the end of our driveway barely on his property to devalue our home value. There are PA statues against this. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You would have right to file a civil suit claiming private nuisance.A private nuisance means there has been a loss of the use or enjoyment of property without an actual physical invasion of that property. An action for a physical invasion of property is known as a trespass action .

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court, in Kembel v. Schlegel, defined the tort of private nuisance in Pennsylvania as the following:

A property owner is subject to liability for a private nuisance if, but only if, his conduct is the thing that encroaches another’s interest in the private use and enjoyment of land, and the encroachment is either a. intentional and unreasonable, or b. unintentional and otherwise actionable under the rules controlling liability for negligent or reckless conduct, or for abnormally dangerous conditions or activities.

You may pursue such a civil suit.Usually a demand letter is sent first to see if they remove them, otherwise you file suit for damages including loss of property value and other harm.

Your lawyer can seek legal fees and costs as well in such a demand letter and then civil suit here in PA.

You can locate a real estate litigation lawyer here.

Pennsylvania

Allegheny County Bar Association LRS
Pittsburgh, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Allegheny

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Bucks County Bar Association LRS
Doylestown, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Bucks

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Erie County Bar Association LRIS
Erie, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Erie

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Philadelphia Bar Association LRIS
Philadelphia, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Philadelphia, and surrounding counties

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

York County Attorney Connection
York, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: York

Meets ABA Standards for Lawyer Referral

Berks County LRS
Reading, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Berks

Chester County Bar Association LRS
West Chester, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Chester

Cumberland County Bar Association LRS
Carlisle, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####(In-state only)
Counties Served: Cumberland, Main, Perry

Dauphin County Bar Association
Harrisburg, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Dauphin

Delaware County Bar Association LRS
Media, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####x 221
Counties Served: Delaware

Lancaster Bar Association LRS
Lancaster, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Lancaster

Lawyer Referral Service of the Bar Association of Lehigh County
Allentown, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Lehigh

Luzerne County LRS Of Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association
Wilkes-Barre, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Luzerne, Pennsylvania

Montgomery County LRS
Norristown, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####ext: 201
Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Montgomery

Northampton County Bar Association ARIS
Easton, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Northampton, Lehigh, Monroe

Pennsylvania Bar Association LRS
Harrisburg, PA

Counties Served: Statewide

Washington County Bar Association LRS
Washington, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Washington

Westmoreland Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
Greensburg, PA

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Westmoreland

The court would award you legal judgment in such a suit including legal fees and costs and this would lien their property and draw interest until paid.

Ray, Lawyer