How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37362
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My apt in miami beach is under my name HOMESTED EXCEPTION i

Customer Question

my apt in miami beach is under my name HOMESTED EXCEPTION i am married for 20 years.i would like to add my wife to the title.
Will the real estate tah in novenber will change and will be higher in MIAMI DADE county///
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


If you want to add wife to the title, you would need to contact a local real estate attorney or a title/closing company and have them prepare a quitclaim deed from you as the Grantor over to both you and wife as the Grantees. Once it is signed and notarized, it is then recorded at the local land records office and the transfer is complete.


Since this is an "interspousal transfer" this wouldn't affect any taxation of the property. But if the county is imposing a higher overall tax on all property and reassessing as a matter of their policy, then the taxes would go up along with everyone else's.





Related Real Estate Law Questions