Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We own 20 acres of property in Pima County near Sonoita AZ.

Customer Question
The neighbors want to claim...
We own 20 acres of property in Pima County near Sonoita AZ. The neighbors want to claim a strip of our land that has been fenced within our property. They say that since they are new owners, they do not have to observe the adverse possession agreement already settled with the former owner.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If an order of possession was issued or an agreement was in place, then the new owners have to be bound by that. You can refuse to allow them to take the property back, they would then have to try in court, but if you have a signed agreement, the new owner is bound to that agreement and cannot just reclaim the land once an order or agreement of possession is in place, then the new owners are bound to that as well and if they refuse to agree to it then you have a right to sue them to enforce the agreement that was entered into by their previous owner.

Did you have any further questions for us on this matter?

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer