How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37348
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an out of state lawyer represent some of s family

Customer Question

Can an out of state lawyer represent some of his family members in possible litigation against his brother, who is the trustee of the estate in California?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


Potentially yes. If he gets permission from the court and also has a licensed CA attorney "sponsoring" him. This is called "pro hac vice" and essentially alllows a lawyer unlicensed in the state to practice law there under the supervision of a licensed attorney in the state.