How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33079
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a large sum covenant on my neighbor's house. It's

Customer Question

I paid a large sum for a covenant on my neighbor's house. It's filed with the county. It's restricts him to parking cars in his garage rather than on his property. He died this summer and the estate has asked me to see if I can simplify/ make it less onerous to prospective buyers of the property. I am willing to do this.
All I want is that vehicles not in use be parked in the garage. Of course there needs to be exemptions for guests. Do you have a simple, non-intimidating way of writing this up?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You can file an amendment to the covenant which exempts guests or, in the alternative, make the parking restriction applicable in the amended covenant to the owner of record and permanent residents of the property.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Related Real Estate Law Questions