How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42880
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to collect jugement against my old appartment complex

Customer Question

how to collect jugement against my old appartment complex
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here are the next steps that are involved in collecting a Florid a judgment.You will need to get a lien certificate from the clerk to make sure it is recorded as a cloud on their title.The next step is a writ of execution that allows you to force a sale of the property.At this point they usually pay here to avoid such a sale.

You just need to take this toward such a sale and they will pay to avoid loosing the property.Otherwise at such a sale you are paid first and then the left over funds go to the debtor.

A good step by step for you here.

This is very collectible and you may yet get paid.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

A second reference for you, some of this is duplicitous..

Thanks again.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.