How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118734
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a Zoning Board of appeals approves a zoning variance, how

Customer Question

If a Zoning Board of appeals approves a zoning variance, how do I appeal even though I was in opposition the first time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order to appeal a zoning board decision, you have to file an Article 78 Petition to the Supreme Court Civil Division. Here is a sample Article 78 Petition:

The Article 78 has to be filed in court within 4 months of the decision of the zoning board. If you miss that by even one day, the petition must be denied.

Here is a good instruction manual to file an Article 78 challenge of an administrative decision: