How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 39172
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a water drainage easement which is a total of 15'. My

Customer Question

Hi I have a water drainage easement which is a total of 15'. My neighbor has 7.5' on his side of the property and I have 7.5' on my side of the property. Currently there is a 4' chain link fence dividing the property lines which I have learned belongs to the neighbor. I would like to place a 6' pvc fence to replace the chain link fence. The town states they cannot approve a permit for the fence because it's a water drainage easement. I felt I was just upgrading the existing fence. Would it be possible to install a fence with spikes instead of using poured concrete for the post. Is it possible to fight the easement rules so I can maintain privacy for my property line?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


Who owns the easement?