How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42860
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in. I have property in North Carolina. I want to

Customer Question

I live in Virginia. I have property in North Carolina. I want to transfer ownership of this property to my son. How do I do it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can do this by completing a quitclaim deed. You are the grantor and he is the grantee.You will need the legal description from the prior deed where you took title.Once completed you sign in front of notary and file in the deed records.It will be recorded and returned to son as grantee.That will do it to transfer legal title.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
Thanks again.

Free forms..

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.