How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the country near a group home that houses juvenile

Customer Question

I live in the country near a group home that houses juvenile delinquents. Since I bought my home 5 years ago I've had vehicles stolen and house burglarized by escapees from the home on several occasions. Now I would like to move and my home is practically unsellable from the crime wave generated by the criminals housed at the facility and their failure to keep them contained. Could the home be held held responsible for destroying my property value on top of the actual physical damages in the stolen vehicles and property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.

Was the juvenile home there when you purchased the house?