How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116714
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in County MD. On 01/012013 our County entered into a

Customer Question

I live in Cecil County MD. On 01/012013 our County entered into a 3 year contract with a group of three people to run the animal shelter. Initially, we were lead to believe that one of the employees was a licensed vet tech. She is not.According to the contract, this group was supposed to have experience running a shelter, provide 3 references backing that info up and without getting too wordy, they have been receiving $60,000 per month to care for any county 8 day stray hold, then use THEIR FUNDS to care for the animals. Well, they have violated the contract since day one using every penny to run the rescue. The co director took home a salary of $60,000 in 2013 for what we don't know. The shelter conditions are horrific. I and many others have been fired as volunteers for speaking out. Our county government refuses to meet with us. I and many others have emailed our county executive dozens if ideas beginning in mid 2013. We have been very vocal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they are violating the laws and also the contract it is up to the council to file suit to terminate the contract based on breach. It is also up to the citizens to also report the violations of law to the State Attorney General. Furthermore, the citizens to appear before the council and to call for them to take action to cancel the contract. Since the council approved the contract, they have to sue for violations of the contract to terminate it.

If the council will not act, then the citizens need to get an attorney and to seek an injunction against the center to stop operations and to also seek to force the council to take action since they are allowing a breached contract to continue, which is a breach of their duty to the community.

Related Real Estate Law Questions