Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I live in a lama coop that is associated with the HPD the

Customer Question
i live in a mitchell...
i live in a mitchell lama coop that is associated with the HPD the housing and perservation & developement......i have a complaint with the board that runs the coop such that i might sew them....but ii would like to settle beforhand....what form would
i use of a city agency to state my complaint?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
9/7/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can file a complaint for any Mitchell Lama issues with the Department of Homes and Community Renewal (http://www.nyshcr.org/apps/complaintform/) and if they cannot resolve your complaint you have to file suit against the co-op to address your complaints I am afraid. These claims typically come under Article 78 proceedings, which you can read about at: https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/6jd/forms/SRForms/sp_howtocommence.pdf and also: http://onlineresources.wnylc.net/FairHearingResources/docs/an_overview_of_article_78_practice_and_procedure__05-21-09_.pdf

You would need to file an appeal to the Co-op board and they have to deny your claim and then you have 4 months from when they deny your claim to file your petition for review of the denial under Article 78. If you miss that deadline by even one day, your claim would be denied.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer