Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Can a Condo Association file a foreclosure on a property

Customer Question

Can a Condo Association file a foreclosure on a property that is in the rears on paying their assessments?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.Can you tell me which state the property is located here Maryland or Florida, thanks..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maryland
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the information.Yes the Condo Association can foreclose.You would want to try and resolve it if you can to avid foreclosure.

In Maryland, a COA may foreclose an assessments lien by a nonjudicial or judicial foreclosure process, in the same manner that a deed of trust or mortgage is foreclosed (Md. Code Ann., Real Prop. § 14-204(a)

Reference to the law for you..

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/maryland-hoa-coa-foreclosures.html

I appreciate the chance to help you today and for your patience.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again, d=good luck here with resolving ..