Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can an HOA change a private property pond into a wet land

Customer Question
without approval of the members...
Can an HOA change a private property pond into a wet land without approval of the members
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/4/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Is this land that is owned as a common area by the HOA?

.

Do the Bylaws of the HOA give the Board the power to make changes to the characteristics of HOA owned property without putting it to a vote?

.

When you say "wetlands" are you talking about a federally designated wetland?

.

.

thanks

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry, but I can’t engage in a private one on one phone call as that could imply an attorney-client relationship which I am prohibited from entering into under my independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer.

.

I will opt out and open the question to other experts who might want to engage in a one on one phone call..

.

Your deposit hasn't been affected by our communications.

.

thanks

Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Hello I am a different attorney. Can you tell me if the pond common area? Do your governing documents address the pond?

It depends on the ponds designation under the governing documents. Can you attach your governing documents so we can determine the board's rights and control over the pond.

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney