Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I just paid $4,600. To get out of my time sharing through

Customer Question
leisure getaway. I have...
I just paid $4,600. To get out of my time sharing through leisure getaway. I have 72 hours to change my mind. What should I do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
9/4/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: David L, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
David L
David L, Lawyer

Hi and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. I am a Florida licensed attorney. What are the terms of the cancellation that this company provided you?

My experience with companies that offer to purchase timeshares is that they are generally a scam, will take your money and you will not get what you were promised. In fact, if you research Leisure Getaways on the Internet, you will find a very large number of complaints by folks who were taken advantage of.

My suggestion is if you have 72 hours to get your money back, cancel the contract and get a refund. There are better and much cheaper ways to rid yourself of the timeshare. You shouldn't have to pay a large sum of money to a company purporting to assist you for a fee.

David L
David L
David L, Lawyer