How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9396
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We were told tonight that we could sell our house and 58 acres

Customer Question

We were told tonight that we could sell our house and 58 acres in Laporte Mn for more if we won't commercial... How much do u think we can get
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, but no one here can answer it with a dollar figure. You would need a local appraiser to view the property and the neighborhood and the availability of facilities that would allow commercial development at that property. The traditional way people make money with real estate is by developing it. So yes, if you can change the zoning to commercial it would be worth probably at least ten times the value of the same property zoned residential. Creating subdivisions is usually profitable but just getting the commercial zoning by itself would normally raise the value. Please follow up on this the a local appraiser. I hope this information is helpful.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Local appraisers are listed at,MN