How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42303
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas. I rented my house through I licensed broker

Customer Question

I live in Texas. I rented my house through I licensed broker as the property manager. After two months I have no deposit or contact. Do I take the owner or the property manager to small claims court.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.I would sue them both.Thats one small claims suit with two defendants.You will need to serve any LLC or corporation through their agent for service.

Look that up here.

Your jp court where you are located will have the small claims forms for you to fill out.Make sure you have names and address of who you want to sue or their agents from secretary of state.This gives you tow pockets here to recover from.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Here is the look up page for agents..

Self help and sample forms..

Thanks again and good luck to you.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always sincerely appreciated.