How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner and s ex-wife was granted an absolute divorce

Customer Question

My partner and his ex-wife was granted an absolute divorce 2011 in NC. She had a equitable distribution made up that included the house, which he was to get a new mortgage in his name. However, because she would not a release of any type he has been unable to do so. What are his options? In addition, they divided up debts and 2 of them were a home equity loan and the other is a line of credit. She quit paying on the line of credit which fell back on us. What are our options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

Who gets the home in the divorce?
Does the decree state that she would sign a quitclaim to him to give away her state? Or not? Or, not sure?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Real Estate Law Questions