Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can I transfer real estate property from my LLC to my

Customer Question
personal ownership? I want to...
Can I transfer real estate property from my LLC to my personal ownership? I want to close my LLC in California
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/26/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, you can easily do this. You need to simply sign a quit claim deed as the owner of the LLC transferring ownership of the property from your LLC to yourself. The deed will need to be witnessed, notarized, and then recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. That's all you need to do to transfer the title. If you need for me to provide you a template for the quit claim deed, let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you for no additional cost.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, please provide me a template for quick claim deed. Just for your info - this is a vacant property, nothing built on it just dirt.
Just to understand. Who can be a witness and notary public? Anyone I choose? When signed, can I just mail it to the county/city for recording?
Thank you, Ivan
Just noticed you used "quit claim deed". I typed "quick claim deed" - are those 2 different forms?
Thanks

Ivan..thanks so much for following up. I have attached the tamplate for you. Anyone 18 or older can be a witness. And it must be notarized by someone other than you and the witness. Yes, you can mail it in for recording. You should first check online or call to determine the necessary recording fee. It's been my pleasure to have been able to help! :)

They are the same thing. They are quit claim deeds, but many people confuse the term with "quick" claim deeds. No worries.

Richard, Lawyer