Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

When do you acquire a deed purchasing a home

Customer Question
when do you acquire a deed purchasing a home
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/25/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

In the typical home purchase, the signed, notarized deed is delivered at the same time the purchaser pays the purchase price. This usually happens at the closing. The title company or closing attorney gets the deed from the seller and the purchase price from the buyer and holds them in escrow until the HUD closing statement and other closing documents are all signed. Once all documents and the money are received, the title company or closing attorney releases the purchase price to seller and records the deed transferring title to the buyer.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Lawyer