How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116756
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a mortgage with Citi bank and we were ready to finish

Customer Question

I have a mortgage with Citi bank and we were ready to finish up on the modification when they told me that they sold my loan out to Real Solutions when I told real solutions that I was getting ready to close with the modification I was told they knew nothing about my modification and they would not be giving me a modification after I stopped paying 1200 dollars a month on a house mortgage of 115,000 they then told me that they would help me out and I could no longer pay my taxes thru them and that was my modification. This home now is only worth 25,000 and paying my taxes in large sums twice a year was hard. So my mortgage company wouldn't allow me to pay my taxes in with my mortgage payment and the taxes weren't paid for 3 years and Wayne county took my home. At the last minute my Grandmom gave me enough to pay my taxes and the home was realeased. My question is do I own the house because of paying back taxes? I've been getting paper work now from my mortgage company offering me to pay the loan off for 10,000 but only gives me 4 days to do so. But I can't get a loan because of what my mortgage company has reported to the credit reports.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, paying off the taxes to redeem the house does not release the mortgage. What you are describing is a potential unfair and deceptive lending practice and you need to report this to the state attorney general as well as get yourself a local consumer protection attorney to represent you to sue this lender for their unfair practices.

These lenders engage in these types of unfair practices where they promise modification, then transfer the loan and play games with paperwork in order to force a person to lose the home from foreclosure or through some other means. Thus, you need to get your attorney and file suit and you need to file your complaint with the attorney general.

Related Real Estate Law Questions