LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

If there are 7 members of an HOA - can 5 of them sit on the

Customer Question

If there are 7 members of an HOA - can 5 of them sit on the board while the other two are just members? And can those board members decide that an owner / member who periodically rents her unit out as a vacation rental by the weekend or week decide that she can only rent for no less than 5 nights. Their vote can impact her financial situation to the eastimated amount of 30,000 for year. Any light you can shine on this would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do the By-laws/CC&R's of the HOA speak to rentals by members of the association?

Thanks in advance,

Doug