How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacESQ Your Own Question
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16334
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
ScottyMacESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a case against a residential home builder.

Customer Question

How do I file a case against a residential home builder.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you know how much it would cost for a separate builder / contractor to come in and complete those issues on construction? How long has it been since he has refused (assuming that he did refuse) to complete those issues, and does he have any explanation for doing so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am guessing about $10,000 for a separate contractor to complete the construction. The situation has gone on for a year and 4 days. Several punch list has been forwarded the contractor, and he has not completely/fully completed any of them. Recently sent registered letters which have not been replied to. To my knowledge the builder has no intentions of completing the construction. Based on his performance an response I have intentionally withheld $10,000 from his final draw. He has been informed verbally and by e-mail that I will not release the funds I am holding pending completion of my residence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

Has he responded to your complaints / punch out issues? Does he have a reason that he's not going forward with them?

Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.

I wish I could contact you with a phone call, but that's considered legal advice and counsel at that point, rather than answering a legal question, and as such is prohibited by the terms of service of this site. That option is there because there are many different categories on this site, but only one (legal) has such a restriction on forming an attorney-client relationship. But we can continue the question here.

Related Real Estate Law Questions