How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've lost my home due to Identy theft, and hacking into my

Customer Question

I've lost my home due to Identy theft, and hacking into my bank account. My home was going into foreclosuer, but decided on a short sale. I was instructed by my real estate agent, to stay in the home until it closes in order to get the fanny mae freddy mac relocation money. So I did as I was told. Then she told me that the home will close Aug 24th. Okay, so now I figure I have depending on situation 3-10 days or 30 to 60 days to vacate the propery, I looked it up.. But she's now telling me that I have to be out by Sunday night. This going to be impossible since it leaves me no time to get another place to live, or reserve a truck. She also told me that I'll receive a insentive check the day after the home closes. She then further told me that I won't get the relocation money from Fanny mae Freddy mac socity until after I move. I'm very confussed as to what is going on, she had mislead me all along. Everything she's told she's now countdicting, now she's telling me I have to be out of the home by Sunday night. I need some aadvice. Could you please help. Thank you
FYI: she's forcing me to move into homes that I've not even looked.
Cheryl Truitt
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Cheryl:

You obviously have a very dishonest and cheating real estate agent. You should file a complaint against here with the Washington STate License Board, and they will revoke her license. In the mean time, move out and tell her that she has to pay for temporary housing for you and that you are filing this complaint against her license.

Here is the form to use.

Here is the process to follows:

  1. Complete a Real Estate Programs Complaint.
  2. Attach all of the following:
    • A detailed explanation of your complaint, including dates, other parties involved, and a summary of any effortsyou’ve already made to resolve the problem. Describe events in the order they occurred.
    • Copies of all documents that relate to the complaint.
  3. Submit the completed form and supporting documents:
    • By fax:(###) ###-####/li>
    • By mail:

      Real Estate and Real Estate Appraisers
      Department of Licensing
      PO Box 9021
      Olympia WA###-##-####/p>

What happens after you submit your complaint

  1. We determine if the complaint falls within our legal authority.
    • If it isn’t covered by our laws, we’ll notify you.
    • If it appears to fall within our authority, we may conduct an investigation. Our investigator will act as an impartial, fact-finding third party. During the investigation, they aren’t representing you, us, or the service provider. The investigator may contact the person you filed your complaint against to ask for a response, and may give them a copy of your complaint. The length of time an investigation takes depends on current caseload and the complexity of the case.
  2. After all the facts have been gathered, we evaluate the information.
    • If the evidence doesn’t show a violation of the laws, we’ll dismiss the case.
    • If a violation has occurred, we may recommend a disciplinary action, such as a reprimand, fine, or license suspension.
  3. The person you filed the complaint against may request a hearing to dispute the decision.
  4. We’ll notify you of the outcome of your complaint.

Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. GOod luck to you.