How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42184
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both of my parents are deceased and my house is still in my

Customer Question

Both of my parents are deceased and my house is still in my fathers name - how do I transfer it into my name. I paid it off and have been paying the property taxes myself.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You will have to make application for probate here.You file a DE-111 and seek to be appointed personal representative.You then can do a fiduciary deed from yourself as pr to yourself as an individual.This gets title in your name as part of probate.


Self help step by step

You tube video to help too..

Warranty Deed for Fiduciary

This should allow you to open probate and covey the title to yourself as part of probate.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.No way around filing probate here to resolve this.Thanks.