How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does Minesota have any laws governing sales of a mobil Home

Customer Question

Does Minesota have any laws governing sales of a mobil Home with a recalled Furnace installed in it????? as there is no way of testing it when it is njot hooked up top natural Gas and we have propane gas
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You can claim that the seller failed to disclose a material defect with the home (a furnace that is not in "working order"). The problem you are going to run into is that the MN seller's disclosure is rather generic, and only requires that the seller disclose that the element be in "working order" and not require any repairs, or likely need any repairs in the immediate future.

Your seller is likely to claim that the furnace was in working condition (despite it being improperly installed). (I am not telling you that this defense is going to work, just that it is going to be raised).

Short of filing a lawsuit, you can try to mediate the dispute with them - contact your local bar association and request referrals to mediators, a third party neutral can often help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution. Use the bar association's referrals to contact a mediator or two, the mediator will then contact the other party to set up a mediation session, and you can go from there - hopefully resulting in a formal or written settlement agreement, and save yourself the time and expense of litigation.

For general information on Seller's Disclosures, see this link to the MN Attorney General's Office:

If you decide to sue in small claims (up to $15,000.00), you can use this link for information:

Related Real Estate Law Questions