Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

How much can a landlord raise the at one time? Does it have

Customer Question

How much can a landlord raise the at one time? Does it have to be in writting? does Text message count?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Unless there is a lease in place or it is subject to rent control, the landlord may raise the rent upon expiration of the tenancy to any amount the market will bear.
Of course, Fair Housing Laws can not be violated. The landlord may not raise the rent based upon race, religion, etc.
Best regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you but no,. thank you!
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.