Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I bought a house an d Bank of America gave me a first and

Customer Question

I bought a house an d Bank of America gave me a first and second mortgage. Then Bk of America sold the first mortgage to Nationstar. Later Nationstar foreclosed on the first mortgage. Now Bk of America wants to settle the 2nd mortgage. What is my best route?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What options you have depend on a lot of factors that I am not aware of. Are you prepared to enter into a settlement with the lender on the second mortgage?
2. Do you have cash to pay a settlement from?
3. What is your goal here in terms of this debt?
Doug