P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

Someone is signing the deed to their property over to me but

Customer Question

Someone is signing the deed to their property over to me but the property has a lien on it: what kind of deed should we use?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Are you paying off the lien?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I will not be paying off the lien.

Thanks

One more question...aside from paying the lien are you paying other consideration? Paying them money for the property?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10,000 dollars is being paid to owner
Thanks
IN such a case, you will want to use a "warranty deed"
That is, if the buyer is paying money for the property, they will (or should) expect the seller to "warrant" or guarantee that they have the right to sell the property.
So use a warranty deed to transfer the property from buyer to seller.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.