How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34976
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone is signing the deed to their property over to me but

Customer Question

Someone is signing the deed to their property over to me but the property has a lien on it: what kind of deed should we use?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Are you paying off the lien?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I will not be paying off the lien.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.


One more question...aside from paying the lien are you paying other consideration? Paying them money for the property?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10,000 dollars is being paid to owner
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
IN such a case, you will want to use a "warranty deed"
That is, if the buyer is paying money for the property, they will (or should) expect the seller to "warrant" or guarantee that they have the right to sell the property.
So use a warranty deed to transfer the property from buyer to seller.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.