How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I might move to my aunt's house in Texas because I can't

Customer Question

I might move to my aunt's house in Texas because I can't find employment in South Louisiana. As long as I maintain the lawn, can any action, such as a lien, etc. be taken against me? I don't want to sell my home, as I would like to return to live in it eventually.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Do you mean can a lien be filed on your LA home?
You will be making all payments on the property, correct?
Are there any physical issues with the home's exterior that need maintenance?
Will you be having your mail forwarded?
Why not consider renting it short term?