Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor, multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation & admin
18572087

I need real estate advice

Customer Question

I need real estate advice
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your post. please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

We here cannot provide you with legal advice as that would violate site rules, but I can help provide you with legal information so that you can make your decision for yourself. What can I help answer for you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good day, I need to know if it is does the new owner also have to serve an eviction notice if one was already served during escrow by the former owner? Also if the new owner must uphold the former owners leases, or can he sign new leases and raise the rents right away?

If the eviction notice was already served, and the cause for that notice was not fulfilled or set aside, the new owner can 'step into the shoes' of the old owner and finish the eviction. The new owner must uphold the former lease likewise because he 'steps into the shoes' and is bound by the same terms and obligations as before. Only upon termination of the lease can the new owner begin changing terms and increasing rents on the current tenants.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.