Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How far from a property line is required to put up a fence

Customer Question
or tree line...
how far from a property line is required to put up a fence or tree line
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/9/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
Pennsylvania law does not prohibit placing a fence or tree on the property line itself.
There are statutes regarding shared maintenance and protest of the placement of the fence, but it is not illegal to build an unecroaching fence or treeline. It is, obviously important to work from a current survey.
I hope this is helpful to you.  If you have follow up questions feel free to ask.  It is never a problem.
Best regards.
Loren, Lawyer