How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28331
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rented from my landlord and then I worked on all s

Customer Question

I rented from my landlord for 4yrs and then I worked on all his properties and took care of his double amputee wife with word of mouth the home was mine. Now his daughter has came in and harassed and intimidated me. I was given a notice to quit and a 30 day eviction notice on my door. Not from the courts. She called a constable in texas and he said he could get me out in two days. Is this true?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Not, the information which she provided you does not necessarily seem accurate. The reason why I say this is because in order for you to be removed, a court order needs to be obtained. For that to happen, the proper eviction proceedings need to take place and then if you failed to move, you could be removed. You do have an issue though, if you never obtained anything in writing, to evidence that the home would belong and pass to you, as a condition to the work performed on it and the care you gave to his wife. If there is nothing in writing and now the daughter has control over the home, she can ask you to vacate and if you fail to do so, she could start the proceeding to have you removed. In 2 days, without court order, that is not going to happen, since you do have a right to be heard, have a right to due process and can challenge and contest this, as you may have defenses.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!