How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I remove my name property that was jointly owned but

Customer Question

How can I remove my name for a property that was jointly owned but I quit claimed it to my ex in the divorce. I'm trying to get reverse mortgage on the property that I now own by myself.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

I apologize but I am somewhat confused by your chain of title:

You say that you:

  1. Owned the property as your Joint Property with your wife (tenants in common, joint tenancy, etc.)
  2. You and your wife executed a quit claim making the property your ex wife's property as her Sole and Separate property
  3. You now own the property as your own?

You need to get a reverse mortgage on this same property?