How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to refinance my property with 1 deed with 2

Customer Question

I am trying to refinance my property with 1 deed with 2 separate tax lots. I am told by the lender they cannot aquire a loan on both parcels. I am disputing the appraisal that only contains one parcel.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get a loan on property which has one deed but contains two parcels?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Another expert here, and I'll assist with your question. It doesn't matter how many parcels are on the deed as long as they are contiguous. That is, all the parcels fit together as one piece of ground. If the parcels are completely different properties and not adjacent to each other then you would need a commercial type mortgage. The appraiser would have to be told to appraise both properties by the lender.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions