How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42828
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I brought a house and found out after the sell it was sold

Customer Question

I brought a house and found out after the sell it was sold to me without full disclosure.
I had a second home inspection and was told the house is in very bad condition, rooms added without permits from the county that was included in the square footage & price.
I need to know what can I do to get my money back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here your lawyer would send demand letters for the cost to repair and remediate the property.Alternatively you could sue here to set aside the sale.
This is a shotgun deal you go after the seller, the inspector, and the realtor.You also can file complaints against realtor and first inspector for professional negligence here--failure to disclose.
California overall is a full disclosure state.They would hold all of these folks liable.You would likely get offers from the realtor and the inspector because they have errors and omissions coverage.The seller here may have had homeowners coverage too this may come into play.
You are more likely to get some serious damage money here than setting aside the sale.Your lawyer will likely get a forensic accountant or other professional to estimate what it costs to bring the house up to the condition it should be at sale as well as ancillary costs like rent for you if you have to move out for a period.
Your lawyer will also seek legal fees and costs as well and this is all added up here.
You need a real estate litigation lawyer, you can get one here.
File complaint against realtor here.
You have recourse here through the courts to recover your losses and possibly to set aside the sale.
I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Here is California law on full disclosure.
I am unable to do a phone call but I will send you an offer to offer extended time to answer all your questions once you have digested all of this above.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
If you can leave a positive rating is is always sincerely ***** ***** again.