How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41586
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who do I sue to get my money back on a vacation home rental,

Customer Question

who do I sue to get my money back on a vacation home rental, Long and Foster Realty (company I paid) or the home owners?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA .I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.You can sue them both here in small claims as one suit with two defendants.That way you argue both are liable for your money here as damages.You would serve them both and a judgment against both makes it more enforceable and collectable against two parties.I would pursue them both here and seek judgment against all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Reference to small claims this appears to be in Virginia.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
You need to serve the agent here for Long and Foster, they have more than one entity, check your lease or rental information.
List of their entities..
The owner you sue them personally , if it is a corporation use site above to locate their agent.This is critical to serve right person, thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions