How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent an apartment and I see a constant problem with some

Customer Question

I rent an apartment and I see a constant problem with some mold/mushrooms growing in my bathroom.
Every time I bring apartments building manager to take a look they just look at it nodding and say "yea looks like a problem" or "seems like there is a hole somewhere" and then they walk away and nothing happens.
I'm pretty sure that is not right. I live in Santa Clara County in California and pay a great deal price for a tiny studio.
Can I make them actually do something or just find a new place and brake a lease (if they reluctant to solve an issue) without loosing security deposit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
In which town or city is the unit located?
Have you complained to any government entity, such as Code Enforcement or the Building Department?
Have you complained to the landlord in writing?
Does the unit have a certificate of occupancy?