How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118076
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I own a lot in a beachside city in SC. We

Customer Question

My husband and I own a lot in a beachside city in SC. We have found several homes in rural SC that we want to buy and move to the beachside lot. What are the laws surrounding purchasing and moving a home?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Each city has their own law regarding moving homes, so you have to check with the zoning commission on where you are moving the home from and also where you are moving the home to. We cannot tell you that. You also need a licensed home mover to obtain permits for transporting oversized loads from one place to the other.
Here are the SC laws for moving oversized loads: