How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37003
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lived with my boyfriend years, got in a fight tonight

Customer Question

I have lived with my boyfriend for 7 years, got in a fight tonight and he kicked me and my daughter out, he told me if I come there when he's gone he will press trespassing charges on me, I want to get me and my daughters stuff out while he is gone to avoid confrontation, can I get my stuff out without being charged???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


What he did was conduct an illegal eviction of you and daughter and this would give you grounds to call the police for an escort to go and get your property and then file suit against him for the illegal eviction for any damages that you suffer due to his illegal actions.


In order to get you to leave legally, he would have to give you a written 30 day notice and then pursue a formal eviction action in court to regain legal possession of the property and force you to leave. So he has no legal grounds to file a trespassing action against you because he has not legally terminated your tenancy.





Related Real Estate Law Questions