Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Lawyer
Experience:  I have 25 years experience as a Washington State Real Estate Attorney
34978818

I have a second home in Nevada and my son was on the title.

Customer Question

I have a second home in Nevada and my son was on the title. He passed several months ago and I need to remove him from title. Recorder's office said an affidavit and official copy of the death certificate. Does that sound right. For some reason I was thinking a quit claim deed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 2 years ago.

Sound right if a joint tenancy right of survivorship form of ownership the two of you had. For a quit claim deed you need it signed before death. The affidavit of survivorship will recite the particulars of the joint tenancy deed and make reference to the attached death certificate. In other words the affidavit you sign will say the joint tenant on the deed is the same person on the death certificate.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!!!

You are welcome