Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

House is in forclosure,loan modificationhas been deferred

Customer Question
for six years and Bank...
House is in forclosure,loan modificationhas been deferred for six years and Bank of America has been fined for duel tracting. Green Tree will not modify the loan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/2/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Are you saying that there was dual tracking on your loan? Have reported this violation to the consumer protection agencies? Have you gone through HUD for a loan modification?

no as of yet.

Unfortunately many of the mortgage foreclosure rescue attorneys are scam artists as well. Did the charge you an up front fee?

Give me a moment to put together all the links for you.

The Vermont Department of Financial Regulation can assist you at

http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/banking/consumer-resources/mortgage-assistance-program-map

You will also want to file a consumer complaint against the lender at http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/banking/consumer-resources/file-complaint

This link helps identify with the attorneys were part of a scam http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/sites/default/files/OCC_loanmodif_forecls_scams_0.pdf

The FTC will also investigate and take an online complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

As far as dual tracking may wish to file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/newsroom/consumer-financial-protection-bureau-rules-establish-strong-protections-for-homeowners-facing-foreclosure/

You can contact HUD directly to assist you with a loan modification at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/avoiding_foreclosure

Please do not hesitate to ask meany additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Do you have any additional question for me?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney