How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34057
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I leave my home to a non related caregiver

Customer Question

Can I leave my home to a non related caregiver
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
If you own your home solely in your name then you can leave to whomever you choose in your will.
Best regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but can it be appealled by family
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Any interested party can challenge the will but there needs to be a basis for the challenge. Additionally, the burden of proof is on whomever is making the challenge.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Did you have further questions before you rate mys service to you?