How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Matteon Illinois 60443 --there are telephone poles

Customer Question

i live in Matteon Illinois 60443 --there are telephone poles on street--the pole in front of the house is leaning (15 to 20 degrees) the right of way may be abandoned. How do i find out who has maintenance responsibility to fix or repair said pole?
Thank you *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
I would call 611 and get the repair service with the local telephone operating company that has responsibility for maintaining the poles. You should exaggerate a bit and tell them that it is about to fall on your house and bring down trees and crash through your roof so that they come out quickly.
Another thought is to call the electric utility company because there is probably electric wires on the phone poles as well. usually they run together.
Good luck to you. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. I wish you all the best.