How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lived in a condo in Washington State out of the last

Customer Question

I lived in a condo in Washington State for 2 out of the last 5 years. If I sell the property on a lease to own arrangement to a renter in 2015 and close in 2017, can I avoid paying capital gains taxes? I am over age 55. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? When you say you've lived there for 2 of the preceding 5 years, do you mean that it was also used as a rental. And, when the sale closes, will you then be outside of the 2 of 5 year requirement? Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Since I you did not respond to my information request, I wanted to follow up to make sure you saw my response. If not, I will be happy to re-post it. Thanks.