Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My bank took forclose judgement on my commercial property business

Customer Question
than they did the discounted...
My bank took forclose judgement on my commercial property business than they did the discounted pay off short sale but not sold in aution buyer is ready to close but I have lien on property and that is not willing to remove what's my options
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
The bank will have to release the lien when they are paid the money that they are owed. The escrow company will ensure that the lien comes off before they release the payment to you from escrow, so the buyer will be protected by the escrow process. This is confirmed under Indiana law, so there is not a worry that you will not be able to close. The bank is required to release the lien under Indiana law once they are paid in full, and they will be paid in full from the escrow money taken in the short sale.
Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer