How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We originally had our mortgage through Ameriquest, after several

Customer Question

We originally had our mortgage through Ameriquest, after several months servicing went to Litton, then to Ocwen, who we have had now for years....unfortunately they have added fees that we cannot figure out, they also have not reduced our balance since they've had our loan. We had an attorney look at the loan a couple years ago and they found robo signatures and improper management of the loan as it got moved around. What can we do? Money is being flushed away, it seems
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you had an attorney look at this and they found what OCWEN is famous for, fraudulent loan documents and false or improper charges, then you should have sued for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive practices at that time. However, if you did find this and the contract is not being honored and they have robo signed, then you need to sue them, that is your only recourse and the only thing OCWEN understands, as there are thousands of these complaints against them. So at this point stop trying to negotiate and you need to get a local consumer protection attorney, preferably the one the found the problems with the loan, and sue them for damages and to seek to force them to modify the loan to conform to the original mortgage contract.

Related Real Estate Law Questions