LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Is a bill of sale the only thing needed to purchase a manufactured

Customer Question

Is a bill of sale the only thing needed to purchase a manufactured home in the state of Massachusetts?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Under NH law, because mobile homes are considered real estate, there is no licensing or registration with the state that must be accomplished in order to by a manufactured home.
All that you need to purchase the home is the bill of sale---and presumably proof that the seller actually owns the mobile unit by a showing of a bill of sale to them from the previous seller.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug